Information about Electronics: Kirchhoff’s law.

Saturday, February 2, 2019

Kirchhoff’s law.


Information about Electronics
In this blog I will be explain Kirchhoff’s law.
Kirchhoff’s current law;
Kirchhoff's laws are two equalities that deal with the current and potential difference in the lumped element model of electrical circuits. They were first described in 1845 by German physicist Gustav Kirchhoff. This generalized the work of Georg Ohm and preceded the work of James Clerk Maxwell.



Explanation;
Kirchhoff's Current Law. Kirchhoff's Current Law (KCL) is Kirchhoff's first law that deals with the conservation of charge entering and leaving a junction. ... In other words the algebraic sum of ALL the currents entering and leaving a junction must be equal to zero as: Σ IIN = Σ IOUT.
This idea by Kirchhoff is commonly known as the Conservation of Charge, as the current is conserved around the junction with no loss of current. Let’s look at a simple example of Kirchhoff’s current law (KCL) when applied to a single junction.
A Single Junction;
The current IT leaving the junction is the algebraic sum of the two currents, I1 and I2 entering the same junction. That is IT = I1 + I2.

Note that we could also write this correctly as the algebraic sum of: IT - (I1 + I2) = 0.

So if I1 equals 3 amperes and I2 is equal to 2 amperes, then the total current, IT leaving the junction will be 3 + 2 = 5 amperes, and we can use this basic law for any number of junctions or nodes as the sum of the currents both entering and leaving will be the same.
The resulting equations would still hold true for I1 or I2. As I1 = IT - I2 = 5 - 2 = 3 amps, and I2 = IT - I1 = 5 - 3 = 2 amps. Thus we can think of the currents entering the junction as being positive (+), while the ones leaving the junction as being negative (-).

Then we can see that the mathematical sum of the currents either entering or leaving the junction and in whatever direction will always be equal to zero, and this forms the basis of Kirchhoff’s Junction Rule, more commonly known as Kirchhoff’s Current Law, or (KCL).

 Kirchhoff current law for dc circuits;

Kirchhoff’s current law for parallel circuits;
Parallel Circuits Recall that two elements are in series if they exclusively share a single node (and thus carry the very same current). ... Kirchhoff's Current Law (KCL) Kirchhoff's Current Law states that the algebraic sum of the currents entering and leaving a node is equal to zero.



5 comments:

  1. I found some useful information in your blog, it was awesome to read, thanks for sharing this great content to my vision, keep sharing.


    UV Lamp Ballast

    ReplyDelete
  2. this blog is very informative. If you want to market , contact the Best Digital Marketing Services in kochi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice and superb post of "Kirchhoff’s law"

    thanks,
    Gmail Toll Free Number

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate your Work. I like your Blog. I think you have researched a lot about your Blog. Thanks for sharing such an informative Blog. Keep On Blogging. electrics items

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roku activation code entry by visiting the portal, Roku.com/link will complete the process of activation. To collect the Roku.com/link activation code, you can sign in to the Roku account and navigate to the player section. We suggest creating an account by visiting the Roku account creation page,

    ReplyDelete